12 September 2009

Weekly Blog Activity 1

So after reading about a couple of pages of chapter 1 and 2 I realized I now all this stuff. I skipped to chapter 5 and 6 and pp 186-192. I am totally clueless when it comes to Photoshop. This is in regard to the vast number of options I have when using the program. Things such as picture and word placement play a vital role when deciding to make a web page. In other words, how one designs the page makes it more or less appealing. I also learned about CRAP. Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity. Finally, the difference between Web Design and Print Design. Web Design is designed to keep the reader on the web site. Where as Print you are trying to keep the reader glued to the page. The layout is different. Print is generally limited to a couple of inches or less. The same could be said for the Web but you could generally make it as big as you wanted to within the aspects of the screen and the website you are using.

No comments: