08 October 2009

Another Week of Graphic Design.

Hi. Its me again. Here to talk about another week of graphic design. I started out the week by doing the three images. It was a daunting task. Hard work and effort were put into these images. Here are the final results. The I am please by the final results but not please that I can not post another pic to this blog. To update on what I did. I first took three photos, cropped, cut, rotated, and shrunk the image to look like my instructors. I then took some fish and threw them on a grill to make what I think is a collage. Next I took some boats blured the motion and colored them to make kewl effects. *pant* *pant* Oh I actually posted a pic sorry

I then had to read the dreaded book Web Design book. What are web pages anyway? What do you think web pages are? They are what you are I want them to be. A mixture of text, images, and entertainment. Anyone can make a web page. With little or no effort. Some things you should know before building your first site.
  1. Plan ahead... What do you want the page to look like.
  2. Find a free host... There are many servers out there that will host your site for free. They also might include building tips and tricks to help you get up and running.
  3. Subject... The subject "matters". This is how you get readers and surfers to your site. You use key words, labels, and tags to guide them to it.
  4. Advertise... If you want people to actually go to the site your going to have to tell friends and family about it. Maybe have it picked up by a web crawler or program that finds the specifics of site.
Is creating my own website good or bad?

I think it depends on what I am trying to do. If I am trying to run a business and have no clue what I am doing. I might want to go and find professional help. There are self help books out there but I do not want my business to fail. If I am just playing around, maybe throw some pics up on a site. Then I might do it myself.
Building ones own site allows for freedom. Meaning I can tune the site to how I want it when I want to. When your site is given to another you might be constrained to their time and ideas. Also, the site might not turn out how you were expecting it.

Usability and Accessibility


I don't know much about both. I think accessibility has to do with who is able to view the website. Like handicapped people. People who can't see right or people who are unable to type. They might need to use the mouse in a certain way that would help them type.
Usability would be how easy it would be to perform a task on the WWW. This is important because some business would a web based data base and if they could access a site from one point they would need to access it at another site. And if they couldn't access it from another they would fail miserably.

No comments: