01 October 2009

Evaluating Web Sites

Web Sites Evaluated

  1. Myspace
  2. Cnn
The purpose of Myspace is yet to be discovered. It is a useless site mainly used to exchange photos and social network. The site loads quickly at first but once you get into someones spam site forget it. Music upon background animated gifs is a website nightmare. This site is not a business but you could conduct business on it. The author would be Tom. Whom I think started out at Facebook. If I had to rate the site I would give it a C only because some web pages could become loud with all the design, music, and gaming applications.

The second site I evaluated was CNN. This is a global business/news site. Like all other news organizations it is opinionated and sometimes biased. The information is presented in a clear and visible manner. The site did not take to much time to load. There is no main authority for the site but the owner is Turner Network or Ted Turner. The authors are easily contacted through blogging or direct email. You can also email the news anchors.

The thorough evaluation of both sites leads me to believe the one that I just created could use some work. I have some color and some style but... It lacks any activity such as pictures, web applications, contact info. I have also learned how to pick out hoax sites more easily now. Most sites have some type of copyright protection or better business image on their sites. These are the most legit.

Other than that I find HTML to be somewhat easy. There are helpful areas on the WWW to guide me in building a site. My future plans include trying to incorporate some type of JavaScript into my webpages.

No comments: