26 October 2009

Web 2.0 vs. Visual Developer 2008

I started my web experience using the Web 2.0. I used webnode. The link is here Feudal Anime. Overall I think it is a mediocre site. It lacks functionality due to being unable to use javascript and css well. Have to pay to use most functions. Other free sites are the same or close to it. My home page is entitled Feudal Anime. The link is the title at the top of the screen. I made some minor adjustments to two banners and used them for this page. I added a news feed for functionality and a link to a movie synopsis on the right. Do not like the fact that I could not change the white background unless that was something I over looked. (Could not mess around with the CSS to much or the page would be ruined.)

The next page is the Video. I like that fact that I could save space by embedding a video here instead of uploading my own. Also avoids copyright laws by doing this. Wanted to put a menu bar for more videos at the bottom but needed more time for coding. The next page displays some banners and pics. I used Tried to remember crap concepts used in webdesing. Didn't like the white space so I kind of filled it in. You will see a difference on the Dreamweaver/Visual Web Developer site. The next page is the entertainment page and I tried to use the java and css here but was unable to link the scripts and the pics correctly. Creative Commons to obtain pictures. Some of them I cropped to make smaller and fit on the screen. The about me page is simple not a whole lot going on. I added a small slide I found. Could not add the flicker or other photo slide the site had. Maybe I should of used another site like Webs.com. They had a great list of templates to choose from.

I give all praises to Dreamweaver and Web Developer 2008. Lots of functionality and interactivity between the two products as long as the correct suffix was attached. Dreamweaver was great for awhile but then lab time got interrupted due to the break. Everything though was simply drag and drop to create space. Then I found a template online and was able to configure the css to my liking.

My first page has more design to it and allows for some creativity. I changed up the anime and the video page. I added a two slides from Slides. Not quite the effect I was looking for. I wanted it to move from right to left. But it adds some effect. Added some links on the left. Want to continue with the site and have the search bar at the top right go to google or search on the page. Also want to be able to add comments in the future. The video page worked out great. Again I do not have to add a video to the files. I would like to do so in the future if I can find a host. Hulu, like other sites saves time but not without commercials. :( I like the Entertainment page. Web Developer was forgiving in adding a simple javascript file. I made some minor adjustments to the pictures. Wanted to add some real cards but did not have time to find and save all the pictures needed. The about me page is close to the same. I gave credit where it was due and there is also a link on the bottom of every page. I like my Bear Hat photo don't even think about stealing it.

1 comment:

Thadeous Stevens said...

As I side note I tried to put the java related pics into a file before turning it in but was unable to do so without drastically changing the script and html.